To start quoting with your directly appointed carriers on Semsee, your admin will need to first load in your agency codes on the ‘Admin’ Tab. Next, you'll need to add your carrier credentials in your ‘Settings tab’. Here's how:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab on the Semsee platform
- Click the "Add New Carrier" button in My Markets
- Select the carrier you would like to add from the drop down menu in the side panel.
- Enter your username and password for that carrier’s portal. We recommend not using a password saver, because they tend to try to fill with your Semsee login info.
- [Optional] Enter contact information for your main carrier contact, like your small commercial underwriter
If you are unable to get your credentials to validate, troubleshoot by logging in directly to the carrier site. This is a good way to doublecheck that the info you entered in Semsee is correct, and help identify if an expired password is causing the issue. We recommend typing credentials manually instead of using a password saver. Occassionally, password savers can bypass expired password prompts.
Please note that the following carriers require an additional activation step and would not appear on your dashboard until this has taken place: CNA, Markel, Chubb, Nationwide, and Cowbell Cyber Your agency will receive an activation email when these carriers become available to quote via Semsee.